28 Oct 2012

Cover Charcteristic (4) Luscious Legs!



Today I'm joining in with the Cover Characteristic meme hosted by Sugar and Snark. Every week the author chooses a theme and you have to pick five of your favourite book covers featuring that object.


Today's cover characteristic is luscious legs.




Here are my favourites:





I love this dark and gothic look. The model is so pale in contrast to the bright purple fabric. It would really stand out on a shelf.



I like the cool blue colour palette and the summery feel of this cover. It looks like a very reflective, thought-provoking novel.



This is an interesting one. I like the colours and the off-kilter effect of the camera angle. It has quite a mysterious feel to it.


One of my favourite children's novels gets a makeover here in this minimalistic cover. The stripy socks and mary-jane shoes are a recognisable image from Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland, so this is a perfect way to update the cover whilst retaining the iconic imagery.



 Why is this girl lying in a pile of random things outside? The marshmallows and other bits and bobs in the picture are unusual and intriguing.

I think my favourite cover out of the above is Lock and Key because it looks so peaceful and calming.

What do you think? Which is your favourite cover and why?
If you want to have a go just pop on over to the blog and sign up with the linky.

2 comments :

  1. I thought for a moment that you were going to talk about John Locke's covers for his books which is of a pair of long legs for every title. Strange trademark. I agree about LOCK AND KEY. It implies a peace yet perhaps a forced seclusion to obtain it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love the Slept Away cover! It has marshmallows on it after all which is awesome :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!