2 Jan 2014

Yearly Wrap-Up:2013


I hope everyone had a fantastic time over the holidays however you celebrated. I had quite a busy Christmas travelling between families but it was fantastic to see everyone. New Year's Eve was more relaxed, and we're currently enjoying a lazy week at home until we go back to work on Monday.

The year has flown by and I can't believe it''s 2014 already! It should be one of the biggest years of my life, as I get married on May 3rd! There's still a lot of planning to do before then, so I best get stuck in. I'm also looking forward to having a nice long summer holiday with my new husband and jetting off to Tennerife for a couple of weeks.

But before I start focusing on the year ahead I like to reflect on what I achieved in the previous year. Here's my 2013 in review.




Stats

Novels read: 9 (Delirium, Fahrenheit 451, Helga's Diary: A Young Girl's Account of Life in a Concentration Camp, Days of Blood and Starlight, Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3), Innocent Darkness, A Game of Thrones, Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2) and Across the Universe).

Down by 7.

Pages read: 3424 (approx). Down by 3094.

Poems, stories and flash-fiction pieces written: 0 (Down by 3).

Blog posts: 70 (down by 28).

Most active month of blogging: April (26 posts), up by 7 posts.

Blog followers: 279 via GFC (up 35), 50 via Facebook (up 24), 96 via Google+ (up 78),  10 via Networked Blogs (up 3).

Digital artwork: 3 pieces ('Possessed Eye', 'Unicorn' and 'Faerie Tree'. Down 1.

Art and craft projects: 0 (down 4).

Times when I actually baked or cooked a proper meal: 9 (cheese and leek quiche, cottage pie, spaghetti bolognese, Easter cupcakes, Mother's day cupcakes, rolo cupcakes, vanilla cupcakes strawberry valentine's day cake, pancakes.) Up by 2.

Cinema trips: 6 (The Host, Les Misérables, Star Trek: Into Darkness, Iron Man 3Catching FireThe Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug). Down 1.


Worst Bits of 2013

  • My brother and sister suffering a loss.
  • Our close friend's house being damaged in a flood.
  • My Grandad's hip problem.  
  • Waiting for the garden wall to get built (still in a dispute with the builder).
  • The stress of saving up for Christmas.

Best Bits of 2013

  • Starting my new job as an Administration Assistant in a local primary school in September.
  • My partner completing his Teacher Training course and being promoted to Head of ICT Department.
  • Becoming a godmother to my little cousin.
  • My sister getting engaged.
  • Our week long break at Belton Woods spa hotel in Grantham, where we spotted Warrick Davis!
  • Attending Robyn and Elliott's wedding reception.
  • Finding out the good news that my stepbrother is going to be a dad.
  • Performing in the Dance Krazy annual show and judging a local talent competition.
  • All the parties and meals out with friends.
  • Seeing 'T-Rextasy' (a T-Rex tribute band) at our local theatre.
  • Going to Zumba classes.
  • Spending a weekend with my Nanna, Aunt and Uncle.
  • Spending Christmas and New Year with family.
  • Getting out of my overdraft and realising I CAN save up money.
How was your year? What are your favourite memories?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!