15 Feb 2014

2014 Book Blogger Love-a-Thon Interview Questions

Today is the start of the 2014 Book Blogger Love-a-Thon hosted by Alexa from Alexa Loves Books and Katelyn from Tales of Books and Bands. It's an event dedicated to spreading the love around the blogging community by commenting on blogs, following new blogs, tweeting about blogs, thanking blogging inspirations and spreading the words about awesome blogs you follow. The event also includes an interview, mini challenges, Twitter chats (#LoveAThon) and a giveaway. For more info please check out the sign-up post

Today we're kicking things off by taking part in an interview to get to know each other. So, here goes.


1. How did you come up with your blog name?

My blog was originally called ‘A State of Confusion’, but I felt that this didn’t reflect what my blog was all about. I wanted a name that indicated creativity as I blogged about a wide range of topics, including writing and arts and crafts. I was brainstorming names with my partner, and he actually came up with the name ‘Creative Therapy’. I thought it was fitting since I do believe strongly in the importance of expressing yourself creatively for a healthy and happy mind.

2. What genre/subject matter do you read and review most on your blog?

I mostly read and review fantasy, sci-fi and dystopian fiction-my favorite genres.

3. Name the 3 books you're excited for in 2014!

I’m really looking forward to reading Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor, Panic by Lauren Oliver and The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings.

4. Where in the world are you blogging from?

I’m blogging from a small town near the East coast of England. It's very flat and wet and smells of cabbages.

5. Tell us -- how did you get into blogging in the first place?

I was looking for a new creative project in 2009 and I'd heard a lot about blogs around that time that made me want to try blogging for myself. I thought it would be a good idea to build up my confidence in sharing my writing with others and receiving feedback. Here is my début post.

6. Apart from reading, what other hobbies/interests do you have?

I dabble in creative writing and arts and crafts, especially digital art. I also like baking, music and soap-making. I love animals and am really interested in nature and the environment, philosophy and ethics. I'm also a big fan of fantasy, sci-fi and comedy TV shows and films.

7. If you were stuck on a deserted island, which books would you bring with you?

I'd bring The Chronicles of Narnia, all the Harry Potter books, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and the complete works of Shakespeare. That should keep me occupied for a while.

8. If you were stuck in some dangerous situation (like a fire, a sinking ship, a warzone), which book boy or girl would you want to come and save you?

I wouldn't want to be the damsel in distress-I would want to be the one rescuing people! I'd team up with Katniss from The Hunger Games to save as many people as I could.

9. You’re attending a party with your friends. Suddenly, the DJ changes the song and it’s YOUR song – what song would that be?

Well, I have a connection to so many songs so I can't narrow it down to one. Any golden oldies like Meat Loaf, Queen or Michael Jackson would get me dancing. 

10. What 3 movies would you love to have your favourite author write into books, or vice versa?Most of my favourite movies are already based on books. The three books I would love to see turned into movies are Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, Across the Universe by Beth Revis and Legend by Marie Lu.


1 comment :

  1. Oh I think your blog name is brilliant, and the reason behind it is really nice! And I'd love to watch an Across the Universe movie as well! :D

    Followed you on blogger! :) Glad to have discovered your blog through Loveathon! :)

    -Kimi at Geeky Chiquitas

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!