30 May 2014

My Wedding (Part 1) Best Day Ever!

I'm back! After four weeks of living in post-wedding bliss I'm now ready to start blogging again. It's been an amazing month.

[© A V Brown 2014]
My wedding day was absolutely perfect. After planning and worrying for the last two years everything finally came together and it couldn't have been any better. I stayed at the hotel the night before with my bridesmaids and a few friends and family members and we had a lovely dinner together. Then the next morning we had a full English breakfast (minus the meat for me of course) before the hairdresser and make-up lady arrived. It was a very relaxed and stress-free morning- apart from the awkward moment when I got stuck in the bathroom!



But all was fine and I stayed very calm and collected until we got downstairs ready to walk down the aisle. We walked down to 'How Long Will I Love You' by Ellie Goulding. My little page boy went first, then my flower girls and bridesmaids, and finally it was my turn to walk down with my Dad. As soon as I stepped out into the ceremony room and saw all my closest friends and family standing together beaming at me with their cameras all pointed in my direction, I was suddenly absolutely

overwhelmed. By the time I got to the end of the aisle and saw Matt, I was both laughing and crying at the same time. Matt told me later he was a bit worried because he'd never seen me looking so hysterical! Dad said I was almost sprinting the last few metres and pulling him all over the place and he was terrified he was going to stand on the dress and fall over. But we made it.

The ceremony was beautiful and I was really happy with the wording of the vows we chose. Our sisters both did readings-'The Confirmation' by Edwin Muir and 'Vow' by Roger McGough. Then there was some awkward posing with the marriage register before we got to escape and grab a Buck's Fizz at the end of the aisle! We all congregated in the bar and were overwhelmed with hugs, kisses and congratulations from our friends and family. After that we had photos done in the garden and I was surprised to find that contrary to the forecast it was a beautifully sunny day. It was lovely, apart from the fact I struggled to keep my eyes open because the sun was so bright, so my face is screwed up in most of the photos! Oh well. At least we both looked happy.

[© A V Brown 2014]
We then enjoyed a fantastic meal, emotional speeches and a night of crazy dancing to cheesy party music. I was surprised that I didn't even trip over once in my dress, despite doing party dances like The Time Warp and the Casper Slide! I did manage to tip my toast drink all over the table, though, but I think I got away with it. One of my favourite moments was taking my little god-daughter (1 1/2 years) on the dance floor and holding her as we danced to 'Come on Eileen'. Everyone grabbed a part of the train on my dress and started to fan it out around us while she bobbed in the middle, mesmerised by the pretty lights. It was amazing. The whole day was a whirlwind and I had so many special moments with my friends and family that I'll never forget.

I know this is more of a bookish blog, but I've decided to do a series of posts about the style choices and arts and crafts used for my wedding, with links to suppliers and downloadable templates for the stationary. We made quite a few things ourselves and when I was planning I got a lot of ideas and inspiration from other people's blogs, as well as sites like Pinterest. I hope you'll enjoy it.


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!