31 Jul 2014

Self-Esteem Challenge Day 13: What do you Think of your Smile? When did you Last Feel Confident?

Today is Day 13 of the Self-Esteem Challenge, originally from Better than Dark Chocolate. It's a series of questions and prompts to get you thinking about your good qualities and things that make you happy or proud. See my introductory post for more info.

What do you think of your smile?

I don't really like my smile much, mainly because I hate my teeth, which are really uneven. I nearly always try to smile with my mouth closed for photos. It does feel good to smile though, so I do it often and strangely it's one of the features about me that my husband likes the best. Always goes to show that others will find the good in the things you hate about yourself.


Share about the last time you felt confident in yourself. Why did you feel that confident?

The last time I felt confident was when I got dressed up for a night out. Having a shower and pampering myself always makes me feel more confident. I was wearing a new dress which flattered me and I'd let my hair down in a loose, wavy style and put on some bronze makeup. I felt very summery. Although I'm normally a jeans and T-shirt kind of gal, it's nice to get dressed up once in a while and make an effort with your appearance. Makeup and fashion isn't so much about covering things up or hiding flaws for me anymore but more about expressing my individuality and emphasising the features I like.

When did you last feel confident about yourself? Do you like your smile?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!